Saturday, February 23, 2013

How many quarters would it take me to get to 37 million in Q*Bert?

So, after 30 years, the Q*Bert World Record was broken last week.  George Leutz scored over 37,000,000 points during an 84 hour marathon session on one quarter.  This astounded me, mostly because I suck at Q*Bert.  So I wondered how many quarters it would take me to get to 37,000,000.  Now, I'm obviously not going to play that many games.  So I will see how many it will take me to add up to 37,000 and multiply that by 1,000.

So my first game went bad because I can never remember which way Q*Bert jumps with which direction.  I lost my last 2 live consecutively this way, and ended up with 625.

My second game went much better, but I'm still not very good at this.  I managed to get to the third round and score 4,900.  Total so far: 5,525.

Now I'm getting somewhere!  I managed to make the snake kill itself twice and made it to Round 4.  I even managed an extra life...which I then wasted due to hitting up instead of left.  8,250 for a grand total of 13,775.  Over a third of the way there on ONLY 3 quarters.

On my 4th quarter, I came up just short of my high score and got 7,750.  Four quarters in, and I'm over halfway there, 21,525!

On the 5th, I reverted to form and scored 550.  I really am really bad at this game.

Got my mojo back for my 6th game, 10,320, AND I reached level 2.  PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF:


Of course, level 2 SUCKS because you have to hit every platform twice.  I didn't even get out of the first round.  As a matter of fact, I only got about seven platforms before losing my last life.  32,395.

FINALLY, on my 7th quarter, I broke 37,000.  I lost my first 2 lives quickly, but recovered for a score of 5,150...giving me a grand total of 37,545.  So you give me 7,000 quarters and I will crush that dudes record.

No comments:

Post a Comment