Monday, July 23, 2012

Driving a Train - Days 2 & 3

Today is my third day in a row playing Train Simulator 2012.  I really can't explain why I like this game so much, I just do.  Yesterday, I completed my second scenario, and I decided to start today by trying the Expert Controls tutorial.

As it turns out, I used Expert Controls to complete the two scenarios that I've completed already.  So I had no trouble with this tutorial.  As a matter of fact, I figured out why I was emergency braking on the first real scenario I tried.  You see, this alarm was going off, but it went off about 10 seconds before it would brake on me.  I thought the alarm was telling me "I'M BRAKING ASSHOLE"...as it turns out, the alarm was for a signal, which I was supposed to acknowledge.  How do you do this?  You hit the Q key.  That's it!  So with this knowledge in my pocket, I think it's time I try the original scenario, and see if I can do it without any problems.

Aaaaand I did.  The alert started flashing, I hit the Q, and it was smooth sailing from there.  I thought I might get bored at the beginning, because the top speed was 45mph at the beginning which was pretty unbearable, but after the first stop, it opened up to 65, and I pushed it to 75, and I was back to shouting CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER.

So there's your report on days 2 & 3, I'm gonna get back to driving my train now.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment